|Step 1: Pre-Lab Discussion
The following is a list of aspects of a pre-laboratory discussion guided, but
not overtly directed, by an instructor.
- Discuss beginning questions (as a class)
- Discuss safety and procedural concerns (as
- Assign their own work groups (usually pairs
or groups of four, depending on the task)
- Decide what data to gather and how to accomplish
- Prepare a classroom data grid to be completed
by the different collaborating groups
- Determine among themselves which group(s)
should be responsible for individual tasks—collecting
original data, making replications, etc.